More and more people these days are looking inward to keep young and healthy. They’re making lifestyle changes and choosing anti aging products that heal and protect the body instead of turning to cosmetic surgery to maintain a youthful appearance. If you want to look and feel young at any age, check out these anti aging tips:
1. Protect yourself from the sun. Sun damage or photoaging is one of the primary causes of skin aging. A good skin care regimen includes protecting your skin from harm, especially from the sun’s deadly ultraviolet rays. Photoaging due to overexposure to the sun causes deep wrinkles, age spots, and a leathery skin texture. Sun damage can even cause cancer. To protect your skin, stay out of the sun or use sun block with SPF 15 or higher.
2. Watch what you eat. Your diet plays a big role in the appearance and texture of your skin. Eat foods that are loaded with antioxidants such as fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Make sure you get plenty of Vitamins A, C and E, as well as omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 protects the cells and moisturizes the skin from within. Vitamins C and E help restore collagen to keep your skin firm and wrinkle-free. It’s also important to include plenty of fiber in your diet to help flush out toxins and keep your skin clear.
3. Take an anti aging supplement. This anti aging tip is important especially if you find it difficult to get all the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals you need from your diet alone.
4. Moisturize and exfoliate your skin. Mature skin loses moisture faster, so be sure to use a good anti aging moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and free from wrinkles. Exfoliate once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and expose new skin underneath. Keep in mind that anti aging crams and moisturizers will not work well without exfoliation.
5. If you smoke, it’s time to stop. This is one of the most important anti aging tips. Smoking speeds up skin aging by destroying collagen. Smokers look years older than their actual age. Smokers have dull, grayish skin and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.
6. Exercise regularly. Exercise brings many benefits. You’ll feel more energetic, build muscle mass, and improve blood circulation to the skin and other parts of the body. This anti aging tip is good not only for your skin but for your whole body as well.
7. Drink plenty of water. Skin that is well hydrated has fewer wrinkles. Your body also needs water to deliver essential anti aging nutrients to your system.
8. Get enough rest. You need your beauty sleep to look and feel young. While you sleep, your body produces growth hormones that stimulate the production of new cells. Sleep and rest will erase that haggard look on your face.
These anti aging tips are easy to follow and they’re guaranteed to make you feel great and give your skin a youthful glow.